Recipe by Ruth Condoleon
Genesis 25:34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and lentil stew, and he ate and drank and rose and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright.
A New Recipe for the Doctrines of Faith Bible Foods Cooking Contest, submitted June 2015
How to make Ruth Condoleon’s version of Esau’s Soup
Ingredients for Esau Soup Recipe
1 cup brown lentils
1 onion stuck with 4 cloves
1 bay leaf
600ml scalded milk
salt and pepper
croutons, fried in butter
1. Soak the lentils in water for several hours.
2. Change the water to cover and cook the onion and bay leaf until lentils are tender.
3. Remove the onion and the bay leaf.
4. Force the lentils through a food processor, using a little of the liquid if necessary.
5. Combine the puree and hot milk.
6. Cook the soup, stirring frequently, but don’t let it get too thick.
7. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
8. Just before serving, add butter and as soon as it melts, serve.
9. Garnish with croutons.
Enjoy, and many thanks to Ruth for her awesome contribution to the Doctrines of Faith Bible Foods Cooking Contest! Share, Rate or try this lovely custom soup recipe!
1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.